Upholding all things by the word of His power (Heb. 1:3)
To uphold all things means to “sustain” or “support” them continuously. It’s a scientific fact that creation cannot sustain itself…
All of matter needs energy to function—everything created operate according to LAWS, and these laws are sustained by Jesus’ word.
When scientists discover the laws that regulate matter (all the palpable, visible world) they rarely discern the sustaining power of Jesus…
They say: “laws of nature” or “universal laws”
Some years ago, the “law of attraction” gained momentum (specially among new agers). This law, however, can be explained by one sentence from Jesus: according to your faith is done to you (Mt. 9:29).
But the law of attraction (which is just another way to explain how faith works) is just one law—there are many others—and they are all sustained by the words of Jesus’ power.
Jesus Christ sustains the world in the same way He created it, by WORDS that release His power (Gen. 1:3; Heb. 11:3).
The God-Man Redeems Creation
GOD had to become human to offer Himself as the offering for sin. This was way more difficult than creating everything…
- He had by Himself purged our sins… (Heb. 1:3)
Men’s original sin (at the Garden) authorized death and Satan to harm creation. But Jesus became human and lived in perfect righteousness to qualify as the perfect offering for sin (Heb. 2:10-16; 5:8-9).
Jesus (the Innocent One) became guilty to REDEEM the guilty ones.
- It is with difficulty that the righteous is saved (1 Pet. 4:18)
Accomplishing our salvation was complex and difficult…
Think about it—how can a righteous God restores humans to Himself, without violating His justice or their free will?
The God-Man Rules Creation
- “He… sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Heb. 1:3)
As a Man, Jesus was exalted to the Father’s right hand and enthroned as King (Mt. 28:18). Jesus’ enthronement (to the highest position of honor) is proof that the Father received His offering for the sin of humanity…
The “right hand of the Majesty” is the ultimate place of power:
- We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a minister in the sanctuary and the true tabernacle, which the Lord, not man, set up (Heb. 8:1).
Both Ezekiel and Daniel saw a Man on a throne in heaven:
- A throne…like a sapphire stone…with the appearance of a man high above it. (Ezek. 1:26) Behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days…to Him was given dominion…that all peoples…should serve Him. (Dan. 7:13-14)
This Man (the God-Man Jesus), seats at the very pinnacle of power, and wants YOU (the Bride of Christ) to be with Him and rule with Him (Rev. 3:21).
- Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me… (Jn. 17:24)
Today you can experience the SUSTAINER, be rescued by the REDEEMER, and draw near to the everlasting RULER…
His name is Jesus—the lover of your soul.